HISTORY

THE BUILDING IS LOCATED AT PIAZZA BORGHESE BEFORE THE PALACE WITH THE SAME NAME. NO INFORMATION REFERRING TO ITS ORIGINS IS AVAILABLE BUT WE CAN CERTAINLY CLAIM THAT IT HAS BELONGED TO THE BORGHESE FAMILY FROM THE EARLY 1600 UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF TWENTIETH CENTURY.

THE BUILDING ALREADY STOOD OUT IN ITS CURRENT LAYOUT BETWEEN 1551 AND 1593. AT THAT TIME IT CONSISTED OF A THREE-STOREY BLOCK, WITH CENTRAL ENTRANCE AND A ROOFTOP LOGGIA, PLUS SOME TWO-STOREY ADJOINING HOUSES ON ITS LEFT SIDE.

ALSO THE BLOCK WHERE THE BUILDING LIES HAD ALREADY ITS CURRENT CONFIGURATION WHEREAS THE SQUARE FACING  IT.  DESIGNED AND BUILT BY THE BORGHESE FAMILY IN ORDER TO MAKE THEIR FAMILY PALACE MORE MAGNIFICENT.

STARTING FROM 1606, THE BORGHESE PRINCES PURCHASED ALL THE PROPERTIES LOCATED BEFORE THEIR PALACE, CONSISTING OF SMALL AND MODEST HOUSES IN ORDER TO DEMOLISH THEM AND CREATE THE EXISTING PIAZZA BORGHESE.

IN 1676 THE BUILDING WAS IDENTIFIED WITH NUMBER 403 AS “PALAZZO MAFFEI BORGHESI RIONE CAMPO MARZIO”.

SOLIDO PROPERTY SRL  P.IVA/C. Fisc 05519200967 - VIA DEI DUE MACELLI 66, 00187, ROME - ITALY - INFO@EIGHTLUXURYAPARTMENTS.COM 

SOLIDOHOLDING.COM | COPYRIGHT 2018

FOLLOW US

  • Instagram Social Icon